- what is vxlan evpn What is VXLAN? What is VXLAN EVPN? We will answer these questions in this video.
- leaf and spine architecture VXLAN technology is used in the leaf and spine architecture and not in the traditional access aggregation network architecture. In this video, we compare these two technologies and discuss the advantages of the leaf and spine architecture.
- vxlan evpn control plane_route type 2 In VXLAN EVPN, as you know, MAC addresses are advertised and learned between leaf switches via MP-BGP protocol, which make it possible to learn MAC addresses in the control plane. MP-BGP has some specific route types for the EVPN address family, which makes the VXLAN EVPN technology to work. In this video we have an overview of some of these route types. We get to know, in detail, the most popular route type, route type 2, which is for L2 connectivity. we will also introduce other route types but we learn them in detail during the course and in the next videos.
- vxlan evpn BUM Handling_route type 3 There are two methods of handling BUM traffic on VXLAN network. The first and optimal method is to enable multicast routing on the L3 underlay IP network. With this method, just one copy of the BUM traffic is multicast routed to all leaf switches that have an active VNI in the same VNI of the BUM traffic. In the second method, multicast routing is not enabled in the network. The MP-BGP route type 3 is used in leaf switches to notify a VNI membership. The second method is to replicate and unicast multiple copy of the BUM traffic to leaf switches with VNI membership in the same VNI of the BUM traffic.in this video, we will discuss the details concept of these two methods. in the next few videos, we will implement both methods.
- vxlan anycast gateway VXLAN Anycast Gateway is one of the new and interesting features in which gateway, unlike native Ethernet networks, is not configured at a central point and in the distribution or aggregation layer. However, the gateway is distributed and configured in each leaf or access switches to which endpoints are directly connected. In this video we are going to discuss the anycast gateway in the VXLAN network in more detail.
- VXLAN Data Plane_L2 Forwarding How VXLAN data plane works? in other words how traffic is forwarded in VXLAN network? we have two type of traffic, When source and destination are in the same VLAN and when source and destination are in different VLAN. in this section we discuss L2 forwarding which two nodes in the same VLAN communicate with each other. In the next section we discuss inter vlan routing in VXLAN network.
- L3 VNI and Inter vlan routing in VXALN network How inter vlan routing works in VXLAN network? in this section we discuss how inter-VLAN routing differs on a VXLAN network from a native Ethernet network and how L3 VNI helps to do inter-VLAN routing is VXLAN network.
- Preparing laboratory for VXLAN EVPN Implementation In this section we prepare our laboratory for the implementation of VXLAN EVPN in a VMWARE ESX environment with Nexus 9000v OVF.
- VXLAN EVPN Implementation Demo1 _Part1 After we have theoretically discussed many topics in VXLAN EVPN, including Control Plane, Data Plane, Anycast Gateway and BUM Handling, we will carry out the VXLAN EVPN configuration as the first scenario in this section.
- VXLAN EVPN Implementation Demo1 _Part2 VXLAN EVPN configuration example 1 is what we started in the previous section and continue in this section.
- VXLAN EVPN Configuration Example2 The VXLAN EVPN configuration example 2 is what we are going to implement in this video.
- VXLAN External Connectivity The VXLAN network is likely only part of your network. To have end-to-end connectivity with other parts of your network that are not based on VXLAN technology, you need VXLAN EVPN external connectivity. For example, VXLAN is implemented in your data center and in order to have end-to-end connectivity to LAN, WAN and the Internet, these must be connected to your VXLAN network. The most common types of external connectivity are L2 and L3 connectivity, which we will discuss in this video.
- VXLAN Multisite Options How is VXLAN implemented when we have more than one site? For example, in an enterprise data center with multiple sites how VXLAN is designed and implemented. This is the question that we want to discuss in this video.
- VXLAN Multisite Implementation In this video we will discuss details of the VXLAN multisite configuration.
- vPC in VXLAN configuration In a VXLAN network, one way to create redundancy in leaf switches and connections to leaf switches is to use traditional vPC technology. This is the main topic of this video.
16.VXLAN EVPN Multihoming VXLAN EVPN natively offers a multihoming solution for endpoints and customers who connect to leaf switches and need redundancy in their connection. Multihoming is handled in VXLAN EVPN through route type 4, which is discussed and implemented in this video.